Thousands of busy parents have entered Nancy’s lecture room anxious about their children’s reading ability but uncertain about how to help children become readers. One hour later, they have left bubbling over with excitement about using her simple, enjoyable method of helping all children–pre-readers, precocious readers, and those with reading difficulties–become skilled, passionate readers.
Drawing upon up-to-date scientific research and her own experience as a teacher and mother, Nancy explains why raising a reader is easier than most people believe, and demonstrates specific activities that even the busiest parents and teachers can use in the course of everyday life.
LEARN how to:
- Tap into your child’s built-in appetite for books
- Help your child become a fluent reader
- Get the best out of technology
- Build your child’s self-esteem
- Prevent homework hassles
- Bond with your child through books